Thomas Vandeveer 1105 New Lott Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24060
OBJECTIVE Challenging business financial analyst position specializing in economics
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Two years' experience in economic & financial management analysis
• Web-based coordination of business & e-commerce strategy
• Statistical, spatial, and econometric modeling and analysis
• Database management
M.S. Applied Economics, May 2000 GPA: 3.8/4.0
Thesis: “Framework for Economic Impact Assessment of IPM-CRSP: a GIS application”
B.A. Economics, Minor: Chemistry, July 1997 GPA: 3.0/4.0
Specialization: Macroeconomics & Finance
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), Blacksburg, VA
Platforms: Windows 3.1/95/98/NT/2000
Software: GIS (ArcView, ArcIMS, ARC/INFO, BusinessMAP Pro, ATLAS GIS, ACT 1.25), Lotus 1-2-3, MS Office Pro 97/2000, WordPerfect 2000, MINITAB, Mathematica, STATA, SAS, SAS JMP, DREAM, Adobe PageMaker, PhotoShop, and Acrobat.
Freelance Web Consultant, Blacksburg, VA, May 2000 – present
AGECON.COM | AFRICOMP.COM | IFAF.NET | GUAYLA.COM
• Generate business leads and design complete web solutions for clients.
• Formulate e-strategic guidance and conceptual consulting.
• Provide interface design; content research, development, and synthesis.
• Perform the evaluation, planning, development, deployment and ongoing use of web-based mechanisms and information.
• Build and maintain economic and spatial database.
Research Assistant, Blacksburg, VA, January 1998 – July 2000
Office of Institutional Research and Development, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
• Designed a framework for assessing economic impact of USAID-funded Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program.
• Performed economic (Benefit-Cost Analysis) and statistical analysis of IPM programs using database-based computer program called DREAM.
• Traveled to both sites and collected primary and secondary data and information.
• Examined the transferability of IPM technologies and their adoption beyond the primary sites using spatial modeling within a framework of geographic information system (GIS) technology.
Researcher, Blacksburg, VA, December 1996 – August 1997
Agricultural & Applied Economics Department, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
• Examined the effects of communication and transport infrastructures on economic development; reviewed literature and collected relevant data and information.
• Performed empirical examination using econometric methods on SAS JM.
AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
Outstanding Leadership & Service Award, African Students Association, February 1998
Certificate of Achievement, U.S. Committee for UNICEF, fall 1996
President 1996-97, Secretary 1995-96, Virginia Tech African Students Association
Captain and Manager 1996-present, San George Intramural Soccer Team
Tags: #consultant resume